Always amazing to have new bloggers joining the Vegan Bloggers Unite! family. Our newest blogger is Ivelina, author of Mother Nature Loves You. Here she is in her own words:
“My name is Ivelina -I grew up in Bulgaria and now I live in Northern Ireland with the man in my life. I am a mother of three amazing boys and my mission in life is to help people feel more energetic, vibrant and good and to abolish the use of animals in the process.In my blog you are going to find easy recipes and information on food, nutrition and more ways to love life.
I am the founder and creator of Mother Nature Loves You brand. Mother Nature is my greatest teacher and being vegan is the best expression of our most intimate connection with nature, which is the food that we eat every day.”
You are given a body – this most wonderful perfect system. It is impossible to think the amount of processes, that are happening every second, regardless if you are awake or asleep.
It is my opinion, that there are 3 approaches in which people like to treat their body-there are those, that live only in the body and strive for perfection, there are those, that have forgotten they have a body and treat it like something, that they have to carry about with them, and there are also those that believe that to have a fulfilled life one has to find the mind, body and soul balance. When those 3 are in balance life is a pure bliss. According to the Ayurveda medicine when this harmony is disturbed in any way your being is in dis-balance which is the root cause of all diseases. Long before any illness appear your body is giving you different signals, that you can sense with your heart and understand with your body. The main thing is not to ignore them, but listen to your body. When you are tired rest, when you are feeling unwell make yourself better, you wee has a color – drink more water, your tongue has a white coating – fast for a few days,….the list is endless. There is a reaction behind every action and prevention is priceless, but you can’t buy it when it’s too late. It is never too late, unless you re dead. So start now listening to your body, sense it with your heart and understand it with your mind.
The magic of living is to optimize your body-soul-mind trinity. I would like to share a few tips from the Ayurveda medicine for optimal health and I would love to hear from you – what is your best tip for being healthy.
1.Rest before you are tired – a regular 20 minute break will benefit , not just your body but will also refresh your mind and make you more present. Always make time for it. It is really worth the effort.
2. Eat when you are hungry – this is a universal advice. Educate yourself about the differences between emotional and physical hunger and learn to respond to them accordingly. If it’s a real physical hunger it will come in stages and you can easily identify and satisfy it with natural foods. Emotional hunger is sudden and it craves certain foods – when you know it is happening ask yourself why and let the answer come to you. Awareness is a powerful tool.
3. Ayurveda describes massage as one of the best ways to remain healthy – a nice foot, head or back massage can be very beneficial at any time and it can cure many discomforts and tensions in your body, it also calms your mind and soothes your soul.
4. Accept what is and learn to love what is .One of the biggest causes of any disease is the fact, that we sometimes try to change what we cannot control. Long term stress brings your immune system down so do your best to reduce and eliminate bad stress. Focus on what matters and do your best to use your energy on things, that you can actually change.
5. Move your body – you have been given legs to walk with, hand to lift with and body to dance with . Find your best way to move every day. Ayurveda recommends yoga as the ultimate mind-body – soul movement and I couldn’t agree more, but I also love to dance, love to cycle and love to walk and swim. Getting physical reduces stress, clears your head and makes you feel good.
6. Cultivate and nourish your relationships - nothing gives your soul more meaning, than sharing it with others. Communications, connections and Love. This is pure medicine. Love, be loved and loving. It is the only truth.
7. Forgive. Forgiveness is the greatest gift known to man. Start with yourself and gradually extend that forgiveness to all. Do not be picky, take your time and explore the beauty of forgiving. This is a gift, that you owe to yourself.
8. Be grateful. Always, even for the stuff you did not want. There is a silver lining in every cloud and every disaster could be a blessing. The only attitude worth the effort is the attitude of gratitude. At the end all makes sense and you would be grateful for the lessons you’ve learned.
So over all other good Irish saying comes to mind -”a good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything”. I love going to bed in the evening. Since I cycle every day I feel this sweet tiredness, that I have missed for years .
Sending blessings and Love