Hello everyone! We have a new guest blogger to join the VBU ranks, please meet Rebecca, the author of Vegan Sparkles. Here she is in her own words, “My name is Bex, Rebecca or Sparkles, depending on who you ask and I’m a fairly new vegan (8 months now!), blogging about love, life, laughter and vegan adventures around Perth, Western Australia.” Connect with Vegan Sparkles on Facebook. Please welcome Rebecca!
Did you know that all food tastes better if you dance while you make it? Seriously, it does. I don’t make this stuff up.
When there’s a heat wave outside, though, and your moves are smokinnnn inside, it can get a little too hot in the kitchen…
Sometimes it’s smarter to call the raw food back into play.
I experimented last night and used my Green Spaghetti recipe but replaced the pasta with zucchini noodles and used fresh snow peas for a little extra crunch! I also used only one garlic clove in the pesto, because sometimes it’s nice to dance with vampires.
And the verdict? WOW, the raw version kicks the cooked version’s butt on the dancefloor!
If you have never tried zucchini noodles before, prepare to be amazed! The consistency is delicious and they are the perfect pasta – raw, fat and gluten-free!
Give it a whirl. I’m pretty confident you won’t be disappointed. 🙂
* Glitter optional but highly recommended. *
For 2- 3 servings:
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
1 clove Garlic
2 cups fresh Basil leaves
3 tbsp Pine nuts
Squeeze of lemon juice
2 large Zucchini
3 handfuls of Snow Peas or Sugar Snap Peas, thinly sliced
- Blend the oil, nutritional yeast, garlic, basil leaves, lemon juice and pine nuts in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Make noodles out of the zucchini by using a mandolin or Julienne vegetable peeler to carefully slice the zucchini lengthwise, starting at one end and ending at the other. As you work through the zucchini, turn it over and start again on another side, until there are only the seeds remaining.
- Discard the zucchini seed cores and place the zucchini noodles in a large bowl.
- Mix the pesto and snow peas with the zucchini noodles.
- Season with salt & pepper and enjoy!